KRCG 13 has an exciting opportunity for you! We have an open position in our News department for a morning Meteorologist.
KRCG 13 is looking for a morning Meteorologist to present the weather forecast for the Monday thru Friday morning news. As our morning Meteorologist you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
The main day-to-day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, producing, and presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in your role?
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- In-depth knowledge of forecasting
- Sharp news judgment and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 1-3 years experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group