FOX West Texas in San Angelo/Abilene, TX is looking for an engaging and social media savvy Meteorologist. You must have a passion for meteorology. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and understand the importance of owning the big weather story every single day. You must be able to successfully engage with audiences on all platforms. Your goal is to create an experience for your audience on air and online.
- Research, prepare, and deliver weather content in newscasts and across all platforms utilizing all available weather data, graphics computers and radars both in-studio and in the field
- Write & post stories on social media platforms including Facebook Live
- Present on-air with clear, concise, and interesting weather graphics
- Prepare and deliver severe weather updates, interrupting regular programming as necessary
- Create digital and social weather content multiple times a day with differentiated weather segments for broadcast
- Interact with audiences on multiple platforms, especially during severe weather events
- Communicate and guide weather content plans for aggressive, accurate weather coverage
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology preferred
- Strong communication skills (written/oral) for on-air delivery
- Minimum of 1 year of on-air experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate weather forecasts using the latest weather technology in a multi-platform environment
- Exceptional online and social media skills
- Must actively participate in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Knowledge of WSI preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.