KENS-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in San Antonio, TX is looking for a talented Media Strategist to join our sales department. The Media Strategist (MS) is considered an expert when it comes to the TEGNA Team and Tools. He/she knows how to best deploy marketing solutions to deliver maximum results for our advertisers. The MS works side-by-side with Account Executives to understand the advertiser’s business needs and challenges and translates into innovative ad solutions that deliver a strong ROI. This position is responsible for the pre-sale process for the sales team – including research, presentations, and implementation documentation.
- Acts as a solution advisor and supports AEs during interactions with prospective and existing advertisers.
- Meets with AEs to clearly define the brand problem and creates a well-rounded proposal that addresses desired business results by leveraging TEGNA TV and digital products and services.
- Reviews presentations and proposals with AEs to ensure readiness.
- Stays current on trends related to consumer behaviors, demographics, media consumption, and key business categories.
- Identifies training opportunities to position sales team as experts.
- Collaborates with research director to turn data into a visually digestible story.
- Develops client business audits: Website, Social footprint/reviews, Google analytics, Media Monitors, Nielsen Rhiza, etc.
- Is well-versed in company products and services for use in client recommendations.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems independently to support the sales team.
- Works with AE to transition approved campaign plans to the fulfillment team.
- Occasional client facing communication.
- Participates in various station, client and TEGNA meetings and presentations as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in media sales, media planning and/or marketing strategy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical & critical thinker who loves to problem solve.
- Able to digest information and distill into clear insights.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understands research methodology, such as, Nielsen, Google Analytics, Ad Mall, Media Monitors, TV Squared, etc.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Previous experience working with TV and/or Digital Media sales is a plus.
- Work Environment: Hybrid Office / Remote work
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.