WTSP is seeking a Media Strategist who will work strategically with our sales staff to generate creative solutions that deliver customer results through our TV and digital assets. Applying industry best practice to research audience and utilization of the right product and services to prove ROAS. Identification of potential clients and verticals is an important skill set. The individual must possess knowledge of banner/video sales, OTT and TV.
- Vertical Industry research & insights development (I.E. auto sales volumes, emerging industry trends, audience target strategies, product advancements) leveraging sources like Automotive Advertising, Ad Mall, Google, etc.).
- Collaborates with research director to turn data into a visually digestible story
- Develop local and client specific Insights
- Client Audits: Website, Social footprint/reviews, Google analytics, Media Monitors, Auto count etc.
- Competitive Audits
- Serves as a custom audience expert, working with digital partners to determine if an existing audience can be targeted or if one needs to be built from scratch to address the desired business results
- The Media Strategist meets with AE to clearly define what solutions are needed and creates a well-rounded proposal in Power Point that leverages TEGNA products and services
- Occasional client facing communication to support research justification
- Back-up pre-sales process: Avails and Onboarding
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understand research methodology such as: Neilson, Google Analytics, Ad Mall, Wide Orbit Sales, Media Monitors, etc.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Previous Sales/Support experience
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.