KING TV, KONG TV, and king5.com, part of TEGNA Inc., and the #1 NBC affiliate group in the country, is looking for a Marketing Strategist. We need a smart, collaborative Marketer with strong organizational skills to work alongside our team of Account Executives crafting innovative solutions that deliver exceptional client results. If you’re a creative thinker with big ideas who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, team environment, we want to hear from you.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to create compelling marketing proposals
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make data-driven recommendations on client strategy
- Work closely with Content and Marketing teams to develop and maximize the full potential of station initiatives; liaise with Sales and Local Programming for content integration
- Manage onboarding process for client integration into Local Programming and track associated revenue
- Collaborate with Sales Management on specific sales initiatives and sponsorships
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to develop and execute strategy for sponsored events
- Build case studies, templates, and produce collateral to articulate the benefits of our products for current client and prospects
- Manage scalable processes that lead to improved customer service and efficiencies
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights to identify research needs, then analyze and apply those insights to ongoing strategy development
- Act as Marketing Project Manager on large client sponsorships, Olympics, and Seahawk sponsorship integration
- Create and manage KING 5’s client-facing marketing strategy including LinkedIn and KING 5 sales monthly newsletter
- Collaborate with TEGNA Marketing Solutions and share insights with local team
- Utilize CRM to manage marketing projects that drive revenue
- Present and sell your ideas, both internally and externally
- Minimum of three years of sales and marketing experience – media and digital experience a plus
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Event management and sponsorship experience ideal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing media environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support the heavy amount of writing, presenting, and selling of ideas
- Presentation and design skills using PowerPoint
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.