11Alive/WXIA-TV, a TEGNA company, is looking for an organized, detail-oriented Marketing & Programming Specialist. You will be instrumental in handling critical day-to-day responsibilities of the marketing, programming, and commercial production department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for variety in a job with room to make it your own. Come join a local media organization known for award-winning journalism, excellence in innovation, and a great workplace culture!
- Handle daily scheduling of on-air promotions on two television channels
- Assist with updating programming schedules, episode numbers, and listings
- Coordinate NBC network and syndication marketing requests
- Monitor and respond to social media comments from audiences
- Assist with internal and external communications (employee newsletters, press releases)
- Order department supplies and process expenses for approval
- Manage merchandise/swag requests and inventory
- Write and update website bios for on-air anchors and reporters
- Book locations and manage scheduling for promotional shoots
- Assist with station events, promotional shoots, and special news coverage
- Other duties as assigned by the creative director or director of marketing
- Solid organization and time management in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Attention to detail to maintain high professional standards and quality
- Manage and track multiple projects concurrently while still meeting deadlines
- Self-starter who thrives on getting things done, sometimes with little or no direction
- Independently identify, assess, and solve problems
- At least two years’ experience in marketing, project management or business operations
- Proficiency with MS Office suite—WideOrbit Traffic, Canva, or Photoshop are a plus
- Must be willing to work on location in Atlanta. This is not a fully remote position
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.