The KHOU 11 Marketing Department is in search of a marketing producer with graphic design experience who wants to learn and grow from one of the most experienced production teams in Houston! This job is for someone who is a visual storyteller, knows the latest trends in new media and can quickly work back and forth between traditional and new media. This is your opportunity to work in one of the biggest and most diverse cities in the country!
- Design motion and still graphics for broadcast, digital, social, and internal projects
- Designer of traditional print and digital assets
- Develop graphics packages for commercials, news, specials and documentaries
- Write creative briefs and production plans to keep projects on time and on message
- Shoot and light talent and interview subjects for commercials, integrations, programming, and promotion
- Assist commercial production with producing, shooting, and editing
- Sharp eye for editing and design, particularly with typography and motion graphics / animation
- Ability to ‘get things done,’ sometimes with little or no direction or supervision
- Solid organization and time management in a fast-paced environment
- Manage, prioritize, and track multiple projects while still meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to “think on your feet” and adapt to last-minute changes
- Independently identify, assess, and solve problems or improve processes
- 3D and print design skills a plus
- Understanding of digital and social media marketing a plus
- Writer who can transform abstract or complex concepts into compelling ad copy
- 2+ years hands-on experience at a medium-to-major broadcast TV station or at a corporate marketing / creative agency
- Art school or degree in art design a plus
- Ability to paint a plus but not necessary
- Portfolio that shows demonstrated skills with motion/graphic design, video editing, photography and writing
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and Audition. InDesign and Illustrator a plus)
- Must be willing to work in Houston, Texas. This is not a remote position.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when needed, including nights, weekends, or holidays
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.