KARE 11 is searching for a creative and collaborative individual to work on the production of television, social and digital marketing materials which advertise KARE 11 News, our commercial clients, and community partners. Projects include working with Marketing Director and Creative Director on news promotion, special reports, social posts, long form digital and social pieces, and station image projects. Position may also work with sales team and on client advertisements across multiple platforms. This role includes writing, shooting, editing, and graphics work.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the Creative Director. Successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Adobe CC, professional lighting, cinema and DSLR cameras, and a minimum of 5 years of professional video production experience. Candidates should have a demo reel showcasing examples of their work (shooting, editing, and graphic treatments).
- Apply sound brand strategy to develop and execute creative concepts via on-air news promos, station image campaigns, original content, digital, social and graphic design.
- Provide clear messaging to consumers for station and client’s brand.
- Work alongside News Management, Creative Director, Producers, Digital staffers, and Reporters to produce high level news marketing messages that get results.
- Front line employee for the station that represents the brand externally by interacting with people in the community in person and through all forms of communication and internally by interacting with stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Shoot highly – stylized videos for campaigns using cinema and DSLR cameras and a variety of lenses and other production tools like sliders, dollies, gimbles, etc.
- Highly skilled in Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects to produce high-quality and sophisticated material.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, design, or film.
- Minimum five years’ experience working in professional video production, preferably a media company and/or Ad Agency working in marketing video creation, promotional assets, commercial production.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to edit both short (:05-:60) and long format (Up to 30 or 60 minute) projects.
- Demonstrated copywriting and scripting ability.
- Write advertising and promotional copy for digital, radio, television, and web effectively and without grammar or spelling errors.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in Adobe CC, including photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station.
- Must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in Minneapolis/St. Paul offices. This is not a remote position.
- It is rare for this position to travel beyond the Twin Cities, less than 10%
- Work environment is an office setting, normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.