10TV (WBNS) is looking for the next Rock Star, someone who loves news, can write promos like no others and is an innovator with bold ideas and a passion for video production. This full-time marketing producer will produce high-quality, compelling, original creative across multiple platforms, with an emphasis on news topical promos for our morning, afternoon, and evening newscasts. Other content creation includes station promotions, community and sales initiatives, and newscast elements. Strong scriptwriting, shooting, and editing skills are a must.
This Marketing Producer should have a good understanding of brand and style guides and know how to incorporate those into animated graphic designs for marketing and newscast content needs. We’re looking for an energetic can-do person, capable of balancing multiple projects. This person fits the culture of the team if they love collaboration and bring a positive enthusiasm to all their work.
- Write and edit news topical promos.
- Develop and execute creative brand concepts for the stations; on-air, digital, and social platforms.
- Coordinate approved contesting for marketing and sales initiatives
- Foster social media engagement; news content, programming, community, and sales partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in marketing, advertising, design or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant professional work experience or related experience – shared via a demo reel, website or video channel (writing, shooting, editing and motion graphics).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other video production tools, such as Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to conceptualize and pitch innovative campaigns and bold ideas to build the brand.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be an effective communicator in a fast-paced environment across all departments.
- Must be comfortable working with news and digital staffs, commercial clients and community partners.
- Ability to work a late afternoon/evening schedule that may require being present in breaking news/big story situations, along with some weekend assignments.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.