We’re looking for a creative and strategic individual to work on the production of television and digital marketing materials which advertise 12 News, its commercial clients, and community partners. Projects include working with sales team and Commercial Production Manager on client advertisements across multiple platforms, news and station Creative Manager on news promotions, special reports, long form digital pieces, and station image projects. This role includes writing, shooting, editing, and graphic work.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the Commercial Production Manager and Creative Manager. Successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Adobe CC, professional lighting, DSLR cameras, and a minimum of 5 years of professional video production experience. Candidates should have a demo reel showcasing examples of their work (shooting, editing, and graphic treatments).
- Using research and applying sound brand strategy to develop and execute creative concepts via on-air news promos, station image campaigns, original content, and graphic design.
- Providing clear messaging to audience for station and client’s brand.
- Working alongside Sales Management, Account Executives, Marketing Producers, Agencies, and clients to produce high level commercial production that gets results.
- Working alongside News Management, Creative Manager, Producers, Digital staffers, and Reporters to produce high level news promotions that get results.
- Front line employee for the station that represents the brand externally by interacting with clients in person and through all forms of communication and internally by interacting with stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Shoot highly- stylized videos for campaigns using DSLR cameras and a variety of lenses and other production tools like sliders, dollies, gimbles, etc.
- Highly skilled in Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects to produce high-quality and sophisticated material.
- Participation in client pitch meetings when asked to help ensure creative vision to help close deals. Participating in News strategy meetings to craft audience messaging.
- Representing the brand and station through the core values of the station- Commitment, Inclusion, Boldness, Teamwork, and Connection.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, design, or film.
- Minimum five years’ experience working in professional video production, preferably a media company and/or Ad Agency working in marketing video creation, promotional assets, commercial production.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to edit both short (:05-:60) and long format (30 to 60 minute) projects.
- Demonstrated copywriting and scripting ability.
- Write advertising and promotional copy for print, television, and web effectively and without grammar or spelling errors.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in Adobe CC, including photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station.
- Must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighting up to 50 pounds.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.