WUSA9 is seeking a sophisticated digital and broadcast marketing leader to steer all station marketing efforts. This individual will be responsible for finding and creating avenues in which to recruit consumers to our products on all platforms, driving both linear and digital growth.
Reporting to the station’s VP/Station manager, the consumer marketing director would bring significant digital and broadcast expertise to the team and work closely with the station’s news and digital content departments. You will lead strategy, deliver recommendations and manage optimizations while dominating results through constant testing and data-driven decision making. The primary focus of this role is to own the development, execution and evaluation of all digital marketing programs at WUSA9. You will work closely with internal stakeholders on everything from creative briefs to campaign production to media plan development, execution and measurement.
- Collaborating with the digital content team to ensure a cohesive digital strategy.
- Proactively leveraging digital channels to promote brand, tune-in, engagement and other metrics.
- Growing digital audiences across all loyalty products: native apps, email newsletters, audio products, etc.
- Working in real time to maximize key opportunities to drive audience.
- Engineering, managing, optimizing and measuring all digital strategies including but not limited to social marketing, original digital video, email marketing, etc.
- Reviewing all campaigns during activation for performance and tweaking campaigns in real time to improve results.
- Providing recap reports and campaign insights to senior management.
- Collaborating with the creative team to produce any digital assets required to fulfill digital marketing strategies and plans.
- Partnering with the larger marketing team to infuse digital tactics into and amplify integrated marketing strategies
- Executing all campaigns on-time, on-team, on-budget and on-strategy.
- Driving digital marketing education and competency across the organization.
- Staying ahead of the curve on digital marketing trends and consistently innovating upon the station’s digital marketing strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital media or other related field
- 6+ years of proven digital marketing and analytics experience
- Strong project management, analytical, communication and vendor management skills
- Keen interest in keeping the business abreast of emerging technologies and developments in the digital industry.
- The ideal candidate is professional and flexible, with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic media environment. They love the mixture of both planned campaign work and spontaneous real time marketing opportunity.
- They bring a positive attitude to the workplace and possess excellent communication skills.
- This person is also a change agent within the organization helping to fuel digital innovation inside the station to ensure the organization is responsive to consumers on all platforms.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY