- Ensuring your team is a high-performing unit that is well developed via training, ongoing feedback, development opportunities and regular performance appraisals.
- Working closely with the local revenue team on innovative campaigns that fulfill client needs, drive client results and increase the generation of non-traditional/new business revenue.
- Collaborating regularly with content leaders on audience development strategies. Applying data, analytics and insights to marketing campaigns that promote sweeps, content partnerships, digital products, community partnerships and more.
- Serving as a key leader in the development and implementation of plans that unite and align content, sales, community and social.
- Creating data-driven, targeted and integrated media plans that leverage off-channel spends, trade partners, co-op budgets and other tactics.
- Minimum of 7 years consumer marketing experience with a promotion-specific record of success especially in broadcast, cable, digital or agency (marketing/digital/advertising). Must understand the value of promotions placement across multiple mediums as a fundamental driver in executing the brand strategy. Television experience preferred but not required. College Degree in Marketing preferred.
- A planner by nature, able to operate with a sense of urgency in the present and be constantly looking 6-18 months out to bring organization, order and planning to the larger marketing team.
- Real-time, multi-platform marketing experience with proven record of marketing content on linear and non-linear platforms.
- Ability to spot trends and build future-proof strategies that grow audiences amidst rapidly changing content, technology, societal and consumer landscapes.
- Insight-driven with an ability to work with local and corporate research teams, data analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, Tableau) and 3rd party vendors to garner insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- Strong management track record with demonstrated success leading a brand-centric, multi-platform creative team as well as proven ability to manage up and across in collaborative fashion.
- Experience creating and measuring integrated advertising campaigns supported by an outstanding creative ability and an exceptional portfolio.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline-oriented, fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours in breaking news situations.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.