This position is responsible for leading the team that architects, implements and supports TEGNA's information technology platforms, both on premise and cloud based. This position will work effectively with other IT teams, corporate departments, business units, outside consultants and service providers to provide secure, reliable and cost-effective platforms for TEGNA's business applications.
- Researches, plans, architects, implements and continually improves TEGNA's on premise and cloud-based infrastructure platforms.
- Manages multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Works closely with Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure secure, reliable and supportable environments.
- Works with business owners to understand needs, predict capacity and deliver scalable, dynamic, cost-effective solutions with agility.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of vendor and managed service solutions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends and recommending system improvements.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- React to changes positively, handle other essential tasks as assigned, and productively challenge the status quo as appropriate.
- College degree or higher.
- Three or more years of experience managing highly technical teams, infrastructure teams preferred.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience with server, storage, network and cloud platforms including Dell VRTX, Cisco UCS, Nutanix, Cisco networking, NetApp, EMC, vmware, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with modern infrastructure concepts including software defined networking; hyperconverged infrastructure, hybrid cloud and Platform and Software as a Service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with broadcast system solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with working with managed service providers.
- Ability to prioritize multiple complex tasks/projects and follow through to completion independently or as part of a team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.