Help shape the future of 9Health:365, a Colorado institution.
For more than 40 years 9Health has been known for its preventive health focused fairs across the state; in fact, 9Health is the country’s largest provider of nonprofit preventive health fairs. In 2020, we diversified beyond health fairs for the first time in our history. We launched a portfolio of digital health offerings to reach people year-round and to make these services more accessible to populations. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 9Health:365 has risen to meet challenges and conducted outreach, education, testing, and dissemination of the COVID-19 vaccine throughout the Front Range during these past 20-months. This remains a pivotal part of our work for the foreseeable future.
The Major Gift & Campaign Specialist will work with the 9Health:365 Executive Team and Board of Trustees to develop an ongoing major giving campaign and will be essential for deepening existing donor relations and establishing new ones to secure gifts at the level of $5,000 plus, primarily from individuals and family foundations. A campaign consultancy firm was secured in September 2021 to formulate strategy around feasibility and execution of a campaign launch. This new role will work alongside the consultancy to ensure tactical execution of the strategy to meet a multi-million-dollar revenue goal over 3-years.
Compensation full-time role: the range is $85,000-$88,750, depending on the candidate and commensurate with experience.
- Develop short and long-term strategies for prospects, including annual giving goals and goals for discrete campaigns.
- With the Vice President of Philanthropy, develop revenue goals for major giving, tracking progress closely to ensure that targets are met, and strategies re-examined when necessary to ensure achievement of goals.
- Working closely with Executive Team and campaign consultancy to enlist participation of Board Members, Medical Advisory Committee, and other volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donor prospects.
- Manage stewardship of 9Health:365’s major donor portfolio, ensuring that donors experience high-quality interactions that foster long-term engagement and investment. Develop methods to convey the impact of gifts and ensure that donors are kept up to date on key developments in 9Health. Set and meet goals for number of touch points annually.
- Develop strategy memoranda and meeting scripts to prepare senior staff to make successful asks, demonstrating understanding of donor interests and philanthropic habits.
- Schedule and plan for meetings with prospective and current donors (e-mails, phone calls, etc.)
- Follow-up from Major Donor Meetings including thank you notes, sending follow-up materials, and completing any promised follow-up actions
- Plan and implement strategic donor cultivation events. Enlist the support of high-level donors and volunteers to host events and provide new prospect names. Execute logistics, develop strategic event programming in consultation with senor development staff, and coordinate post-event follow-up.
- Write solicitation letters, proposals, donor recognition pieces for publications, and other materials as needed.
• Experience developing successful ask strategies and effective major donor acquisition donor acquisition strategies
• Ability to analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading and conversion rates.
• Experience deploying board members and senior staff strategically in moves management and asks, in assessing capacity through prospect research and managing donor relations.
• Demonstrated success interfacing with board members and volunteers
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience conducting ongoing research in philanthropy trends
Nice to have:
• Demonstrated success in closing gift solicitations at the five- to -six figure level
• Strong influencing and collaboration skills with the credibility and persuasiveness to secure support from diverse sources
• Experience working for non-profit health/wellness
• Public speaking and presentation experience
• Communication (Clear verbal & written communication/Effective listening)
• Interpersonal skills (Social sensitivity/Approachability/Building and maintaining relationships)
• Teamwork (Sharing information freely/Asking for help/Flexibility to pitch in)
• Accountability (Follows through on responsibilities and commitments/Reliable and dependent)
• Confidentiality (Maintains details appropriately/Shares sensitive information with appropriate parties)
• Creative thinking (Sees opportunities for new ways of working/Brings a fresh perspective and identifies unorthodox approaches to situations)
• Strategic thinker
• Collegial (Approachable and welcoming, being a good ambassador for 9Health:365)
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.