WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Maintenance Engineer to assist with the day-to-day repair and maintenance of the station, studios, and our transmitter. The Maintenance Engineer's primary responsibilities are to help maintain the technical infrastructure of the TV station, and to support a fast-paced news operation. Good candidates should be a Jack-of-all trades and enjoy large variations in daily duties. This is a full-time, non-union position, with full benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain all broadcast technology and equipment for the station and transmitter sites.
• Work closely with the Chief Engineer to implement technologies and infrastructure for the station.
• Assist in selecting, installing, repairing, and maintaining all station equipment.
• Maintain and help repair studio and transmitter HVAC systems.
• Maintain, install, and repair studio lighting, furniture and equipment.
• Assist in maintaining station vehicle fleet, including live satellite trucks and management vehicles.
• Assist in capital-based projects, including design, installation, and maintenance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical Degree in Engineering, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment preferred.
• Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills preferred.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work extended hours and be on call occasionally as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Maintenance Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail. They will make decisions without supervision and work close to others. This position will sometimes work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Maintenance Engineer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds, and be able to work with their hands and handle tools or controls. Repetitive movements are sometimes required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar