- Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ADDITIONAL DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
Coordinate with News department on live-shot needs. Scout live-shot locations for optimal signal strength, safety and shot composition. Responsible for operation and maintenance of cameras, video and audio switchers, video and audio recorders, microwave equipment, monitors, test equipment, tools and other miscellaneous equipment including Electronic News Gathering, various digital equipment and microprocessor devices and responsible for upkeep and preventive maintenance of ENG vans and broadcasting equipment in them.
2 to 5 years experience. Knowledge of microwave communications. Understanding of live newscast production. Strong people skills, team player. Good driving record. Must be able to work various hours and shifts.
Must also have the ability to:
- control heavier than normal, full sized television remote live van, which requires much greater braking distance than normal;
- raise a fifty-foot, telescoping mast, and be able to avoid obstructions at that height, such as power lines, especially at night;
- lift, run, and carry heavy cable reels, television monitors, camera tripods and other equipment weighing up to 40 pounds for live shots;
- climb 10 to 15 foot ladders, set up shots on rooftops;
- bend, reach, and kneel to retrieve, place and store equipment in assigned places in ENG trucks;
- vision corrected to 20/20 with no impairments. Sight is very important for driving an ENG van. Much driving is required, must have excellent depth perception;
- move swiftly at breaking news locations;
- climb several flights of stairs carrying heavy equipment;
- use both hands, have ability to balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach/work overhead to place and connect cables in buildings and on remote sites, and to transport and set up remote equipment;
- work outside and on the roof of an ENG truck in all types of weather;
- work and operate under pressure in a fast paced news environment.
All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar