San Diego based CBS affiliate KFMB has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic forward-thinking sales organization as Local Sales Manager. In this position you will showcase your strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by leading a team of account executives in delivering customized client-centric solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, and OTT.
You will be responsible for retaining and recruiting a team of talented sales professionals that actively work with all levels of decision makers within the local business landscape. To achieve quarterly and annual objectives, you will drive incremental revenue by expanding product mix of existing clients as well as develop significant new business.
Most importantly, the Local Sales Manager mentors, motivates and inspires team members with the intent of fostering professional fulfillment and ensuring high performance.
This position reports to the Director of Sales.
- Work in collaboration with local account executives to design, sell and implement integrated marketing solutions with new local, regional and national customers.
- Utilize consultative selling techniques to expand core business by introducing new digital products and solution-based services.
- Actively participate in client and prospect meetings with the intent of building meaningful business relationships.
- Identify new verticals through lead generation and qualification.
- Consistently provide timely and actionable guidance to the local sales staff.
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Three to five years of sales management experience in broadcast television and/or digital media preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Documented record of exceeding budgeted revenue goals.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, WideOrbit Sales, WideOrbit Traffic and Matrix Monarch.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.