KIII, TEGNA’s ABC affiliate in Corpus Christi, TX is looking for a dynamic Local Sales Manager to join a collaborative team that is competitive and loves to win. The Local Sales Manager is responsible for leading a sales strategy that focuses on the development of enterprise business and delivers integrated client solutions across OTT, digital and broadcast. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of how OTT and digital platforms work with broadcast television to develop business and generate measurable results.
This opportunity will primarily focus on businesses based in the Coastal Bend but will require the ability to think on a national scale. The position reports to the Director of Sales and will work alongside the full leadership team to maximize new business development efforts across station platforms.
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and it continues to dominate the region. As the number one station in the market, KIII is a trusted source of information for the community and a trusted marketing partner in the Coastal Bend.
- Our People – KIII offers an environment to learn, grow and drive results. Join a team that will invest in you and your career and have fun while making an impact.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. It has more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. Plus, you’re never far from the beach! You can live downtown, in the suburbs or even live on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from having your toes in the water.
- Inclusively recruit, retain and train a diverse team of Account Executives and Account Managers
- Manage key local accounts with account executives
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification
- Expand core business by introducing new products and services and developing new applications
- Coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings and building deep relationships with decision makers
- Set the pace and constantly provide feedback to account executives to improve their performance
- Review and adjust metrics to monitor sales performance and market share
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Media sales experience with demonstrated track record of success
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective driver of integrated revenue and strategy
- Experience in using qualitative research or other marketing research tools
- Experience in WideOrbit and Matrix preferred
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.