The WBIR sales team in Knoxville, TN seeks an experienced Local Sales Manager with a strong understanding of the digital space. This position is responsible for leading a sales strategy that will focus on the development of new enterprise business to successfully deliver customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, digital, mobile and other emerging products. The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for developing a strong, forward thinking sales team and will successfully work with all levels of the Knoxville business community. The position reports to the Director of Sales and will work along side the full leadership team to drive new business development efforts on television and digital platforms.
- Fully understand technologies that are foundational to the broadcast and digital advertising enterprise
- Remain current on industry trends in broadcast media, digital media; including mobile, display, video, OTT.
- Directly responsible for closing sales and signing new business opportunities
- Develop, cultivate and maintain key direct client relationships
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through a consultative approach
- Identify prospects and forecast revenue accurately
- Meet and exceed aggressive revenue goals. Create and deliver high-impact sales presentations. Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of broadcast television sales or digital sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of digital media landscape including Over The Top TV
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools
- Experience in WideOrbit and Matrix preferred
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.