TEGNA Media is breaking the mold for how to drive marketing results. We have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations into a market leading, solution driven resource, for our partners delivering the highest level of customer service. Through a combination TEGNA’s suite of client centric marketing strategies we are at the forefront of technology focused on delivering results for our customers. To compete and win in the new media landscape we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready to join the team at WGRZ?
We are seeking an Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for leading a sales strategy that will focus on the development of new enterprise business to successfully deliver customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, OTT, digital, and other emerging products. The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for developing a strong, forward thinking sales team. The position reports to the Director of Sales.
- Manage key local accounts with account executives
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification
- Expand core business by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
- Coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings, building deep relationships with decision makers
- Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts
- Lead account executives in the development of media campaigns designed to super serve customers through multi-platform solutions and Tegna attribution
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Documented record of exceeding budgeted revenue goals
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, WideOrbit Sales, WideOrbit Traffic and Matrix
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.