WXIA/WATL-TV, A TEGNA Company, is seeking a full-time Local Sales Assistant. The successful candidate will directly support our local sales team. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Develop a firm understanding of the sales process, Nielsen ratings and impressions, and Wide Orbit software. Booking, maintaining, and providing posts analysis for orders including revisions due to program changes and client changes.
- TV sales order entry.
- Organizing and maintaining schedules and paperwork.
- Resolve discrepancies.
- Make sure all assigned duties are completed efficiently and with adherence to deadlines.
- Work directly with local sales account executives, other local assistants, and account managers and maintain an effective working relationship with them and other sales and company personnel.
- Perform general office duties including, back up for other assistants, and assisting in setting up working lunches as needed.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as needed.
- College degree preferred, preferably in communications, public relations, advertising or business.
- Highly organized and possess the ability to switch focus quickly when needed and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Fast and accurate computer data entry skill and ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, able to act with a sense of urgency and adhere to set deadlines.
- Have a personable demeanor with strong team and customer focus
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.