PT News Writer/Editor
KYW Newsradio is seeking an experienced news writer/editor to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-starter and creative team player with a passion for local news and the ability to write clear, compelling and relatable copy, headlines and teases.
· Gather, write and edit news content
· Stack and build shows while managing all aspects of the newscasts
· Oversee constant flow of information by writing and updating scripts and assign reporters to breaking news stories as needed
· Help monitor and manage writers, reporters, and anchors offering clear direction to all
· Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
· Collaborate with digital team members
· Outstanding news judgment, works well under deadline pressure
· Excellent writing and grammar skills, ability to interpret and simplify complex copy
· Position requires proficiency in audio editing
· Passion for local news and knowledge of Philadelphia region
· Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
· Must have flexibility to work any shift, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
· Resume and cover letter required
A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S and the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news. Home to the nation’s most influential collection of podcasts, digital and broadcast content, and premium live experiences, Entercom engages over 170 million consumers each month. Available on every device in every major U.S. market, the company delivers the industry’s most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. Entercom’s robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today’s most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation—all at national scale. Learn more at  http://www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply and upload your resume, visit https://entercom.com/careers