About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WEEK-TV is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. We operate a number of TV stations in the Peoria, IL television market including WEEK 25 (NBC), Heart of Illinois ABC, and Peoria-Bloomington's CW.
WEEK is looking for a full-time IT Support specialist for our television station in East Peoria, Illinois. This position is responsible for all areas of end user support, including building and maintaining Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, managing servers, printers, backups, end user applications, basic IP networking skills, cabling, and all other related systems and equipment
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide all areas of desktop client support for local and remote employees
• Build and manage Windows and Mac desktops and laptops
• Build and manage Windows servers, file shares, backups, and plans for disaster recovery
• Manage local Active Directory user accounts, passwords, and access to local resources
• Set up work areas, including docking stations, monitors, and printers
• Install and support Microsoft Office and other client applications
• Work with Corporate IT to support local employees use of company applications
• Maintain and manage station IP data network
• Work with Corporate IT to administer, install, and troubleshoot edge network equipment, to include routers and firewalls
• Work with broadcast engineers and newsroom to support all broadcast automation systems
• Maintain station phone system and voicemail, to include add/remove employees
• Process trouble tickets in the company helpdesk system
- Associate Degree minimum and experience in the computer industry. Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems, VM systems, Mac Computers, Telephone and VOIP interfacing, LAN layout, and maintenance, as well as Knowledge of data switches, routers, and storage devices is necessary. Familiarity with Business software applications such as Microsoft 365, Creative applications such as video editing software and Broadcast industry applications are extremely beneficial
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”