NewsWest 9 is looking for a full-time IT Specialist who can join the team supporting the technical aspects of the station’s operations. The position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Supervisor of Technology and Operations. The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services. He/she will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and production operations.
- Support daily broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment operations.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the stations, including the studio and transmitter facilities.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security, and virus protection.
- Have experience with or knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment. Support network security, rights, naming standards, login scripts, and software upgrades.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances, including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production, and workstation products.
- Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
- Be available to work various hours and days, including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player focused on quality customer service for internal customers.
- Work closely with the technology team and with corporate IT support. They will effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.