10 Tampa Bay – WTSP-TV is seeking an IT Specialist to provide direct Desktop and Computer Networking support for our CBS affiliated studio and digital production operations.
- Support day to day operations of our television stations including all daily news operations, equipment and computer-based IT systems.
- Knowledge of Cisco switches and AP’s with the ability to troubleshoot issues that affect performance and connectivity
- Install and maintain multiplexed H264/265 HD over IP stream encoders / servers and software.
- Maintain and/or repair editing systems, display systems, and traditional desktop and file/print services.
- Provide personal “in office” and remote technical support to operational users.
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, switches, storage, network operating systems, PCs and software applications, LAN cabling.
- Maintain effective monthly tracking of SCCM and Ivanti security packages/patching.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other TEGNA engineers on technical issues as required.
- Experience with Microsoft based OSs, patching, upgrading, and imaging.
- This job requires a proactive and detail orientated person who can maintain documentation and is able interact with users and vendors. Must be able to communicate and work well in a team environment.
- Work unsupervised when needed by creating plans and drawings then implementing them.
- Ability to read and edit system schematics.
- Physical work requirements include 50Ib lifting, ladders, and tight crawl spaces.
- Familiarity with digital video and audio concepts, codecs, and software.
- Ability to use power tools and common construction equipment.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- “Hands on” attitude capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced time sensitive environment with the responsibility of troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software Helpdesk tickets for a 150-user environment
- Minimum 3 years of IT Systems experience.
- Institutional degree or equivalent certificates / military service preferred.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.