KSDK in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a full-time IT Specialist who can join the Technology Team supporting technical aspects of the station’s operations. The person filling this role will be responsible for the maintenance, operation, integration, and support of various broadcast technologies.
The IT Specialist supports day-to-day operations including maintaining specialized broadcast software and hardware in addition to file and print servers. The successful candidate will also need to respond quickly to provide traditional workstation support to News, Sales, Technology and Administrative team members.
We are looking for someone focused on providing a positive customer experience, who is curious about new equipment, and enjoys finding ways for technology to help people do their jobs better and with fewer hurdles to success.
- Provide support for end-users in the form of answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and teaching or instructing internal customers regarding software or hardware
- Timely response to service ticket requests
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Re-image and deploy computers to internal customers
- Contribute to building and maintaining documentation
- Experience working with network switchers, servers, storage, and security and virus protection systems in a corporate environment
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux and mobile device technology
- Desire to learn and support new software and technologies
- Customer service-focused approach to working with end-users
- A+, Network +, Security +, Microsoft or other IT industry standard certifications are helpful
- Experience in Windows Server, Active Directory and O365 administration preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in professional broadcasting environments preferred
- Associates Degree or technical school certification in technology-related field or equivalent experience
- Strong personal interaction skills, including verbal and written communication, with non-technical end-users
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and work well with others
- Strong organizational, communications, and time-management skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays to support 24x7x365 operation
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.