KENS is seeking an IT Help Desk Specialist to provide phone and desk side computing support to all staff including executive level within the organization. Assist in configuration and installation of computers and peripherals for new employees and contractors. Assist in analysis of equipment, software, and process problems. Assist in maintenance of software and hardware as it relates to the computing environment and broadcast equipment connectivity. Baseline educational requirements include an Associate’s Degree in computer technology or technical school.
- Maintain broadcast computer systems and coordinate new employee computer set up. Provide help desk support for the broadcast facility.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical computer repair and customer support experience is required. Must be self motivated, precise, and be able to work various shifts. The preferred candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Has the ability to work on projects alone as well as with other team members. An SBE certification in Network Systems is optional but preferred. Candidate must have or obtain a valid Texas drivers license.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.