The Investigative Reporter will create, write and edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms.
ABC 33/40 is looking for a take-charge Investigative Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop investigative story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced reporter who wants to spend time working on long-form stories. Occasional fill-in anchoring is possible along with coverage of breaking news & weather.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Create, write and edit meaningful stories for station’s newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
- Engaging with local community members
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have a…
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 4 years of experience as a Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group