KIII 3NEWS in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is seeking a bulldog INVESTIGATIVE PRODUCER to sharpen our newscasts and shine a light on our community. The ideal candidate is ethical, aggressive, energetic and inherently curious. If you enjoy holding the powerful accountable, exposing corruption, digging deep into complex issues and offering solutions, come join us.
This investigative producer will work on creating content and setting up interviews that an MSJ or anchor will then turn for our shows. The investigative producer will be responsible for finding investigative story angles and writing the content for our website.
What You’ll Do:
- Enterprise and develop short-term and long-term ethical and compelling investigative news content for all platforms
- Use open records laws and data journalism to find information and add context to stories
- Write and produce your own multi-platform investigative stories while setting up shoots for photographers, MSJs and anchors
- Develop contacts and sources within the community and enterprise original story ideas
- Modify stories for each platform to enhance storytelling
- Produce day-turn investigative angles on breaking news
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and continues to help us dominate the region. It’s much more satisfying to work for the number one station because you know everyone is watching.
- Our People – we want this to be a place where people come, learn and grow. You should be able to have fun while helping improve the lives of the people we serve. We plan to invest in you and your career to enhance your investigative skills.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. We have more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. You can live downtown, the suburbs or even on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from the beach.
- Minimum of 2 years producing with a focus on investigative journalism
- Portfolio with examples of investigative and breaking news web stories
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree required
- Photography and editing skills a plus
- Texas/regional knowledge a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.