10 Tampa Bay, a TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate, is looking for a talented, experienced Photojournalist with a proven track record to join our Investigative team. The ideal candidate would have the speed of a news photographer, the creative eye of an artist and the passion to dig deep and fight for our community.
Our talented group of 3 investigative MSJs and investigative producer have won numerous awards, changed the lives and laws for our viewers. If you are a visual storyteller, creative, and have a passion for producing compelling investigative content, we want to hear from you.
- Shoot and edit dynamic video content for all platforms.
- Collaborate with producers and reporters as well as the community.
- Creative video editing with attention to detail. Must have expert shot selection, audio mixing, and use of new techniques to tell our stories.
- Postproduction and multi-layered non-linear editing of content pieces and the final shows.
- Produce both scripted and natural sound stories and other interstitial material for local programs and digital platforms.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Do daily live shots as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ shooting and editing experience with extensive knowledge of non-linear editing systems preferred.
- Knowledge in advanced lighting skills for broadcast required.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Self-starter who is capable of enterprising original content.
- Ability to consistently turn out high quality work under high pressure deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid grasp of social video content and various social media platforms.
- Ability to make quick decisions and work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- FAA Part 107 drone license or the aptitude to obtain one
- Ability to operate ENG and SNG trucks and DeJero backpacks
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Link to video reel and/or portfolio of work upon application is required
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.