We are hiring! The TEGNA Commercial Operations (TCO) team is looking for a talented and motivated person to join our team.
A broadcast Traffic department maximizes revenue for a television station through careful consideration of spot placement and program formatting. We describe our group as “Commercial Operations” because we do more than just place spots on a log; we work hand in hand with the sales, marketing/promotions, programming, news and engineering departments to create an on-air product that generates positive results for both our stations and clients. Our daily workflow has often been described as working a puzzle; we manipulate commercial inventory to maximize an advertiser’s return on investment.
A successful Inventory Specialist pays attention to detail, is customer-service oriented, shows initiative and is able to balance multiple projects and requests while meeting daily deadlines. Specific job requirements include:
- Using WideOrbit Traffic software, manage commercial inventory by accurately preempting or placing spots on the broadcast log
- Meet daily log finalization deadlines and clear oversold inventory 13 weeks out
- Understand and follow spot placement guidelines to ensure client specifications are met
- Verify the broadcast log is maximized for revenue and meets product and advertiser separation requirements
- Collaborate with TCO and station teammates to identify and communicate revenue opportunities to the sales team
- Process sales orders and assist sales team with accurate order entry
- Various other duties as assigned
If this sounds like a great fit, we are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- High school diploma (required)
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (preferred)
- Broadcasting, cable or radio traffic or sales support experience (preferred)
- WideOrbit traffic system knowledge (preferred)
- Proficient with computer software/applications, including Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel (required)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills (required)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment (required)
- If you have relevant work experience, we are willing to train the right candidate
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.