The Intern (NE) will work with the Supervising Producer to gain hands on experience and knowledge in an eclectic blend of areas within a radio station including, but not limited to, the sales department, imaging department, programming department, news department and marketing department.
- Assists in writing and production of radio broadcasts.
- Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Writes, produces, and edits material that appeals to target audiences.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms for newscasts.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
Requirements & Skills:
- Curiosity and the willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand brand building directives.
- Interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop strong news judgment.
- Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar