The Ignite Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, effective interpersonal relation skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload and function well in pressure situations.
Duties & Requirements:
- Direct newscasts, breaking news and other programs using Grass Valley Ignite system. Other programs could include live audiences.
- Must possess strong people skills and production values
- Newscast directing experience required
- Prior experience using the Grass Valley Ignite system or qualified training required. Director will need to build Ignite commands and effects for newscast and other programs
- ENPS newsroom system preferred
- Operational knowledge of Chyron and Ross CamBot Robotic Camera Systems is a plus
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations and production
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early morning, days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar