WPMI/WJTC – Mobile, AL and WEAR/WFGX – Pensacola, FL are looking for an experienced Human Resources Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll.
WPMI/WJTC – Mobile, AL and WEAR/WFGX – Pensacola, FL are looking for an experienced Human Resources Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll supporting approximately 160 employees under the general direction of the local Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR Coordinator supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management, in addition to employee relations. The position is based in Mobile, AL, but will require weekly visits to the Pensacola, FL location.
While no day will be exactly the same, you’ll be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO.
- Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried, non-union staff.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between managers and Regional HR Manager on employee relations matters, including disciplinary matters, complaints, and investigations.
- Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems.
- Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, process offer letters, initiate background screening, etc. Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring.
- Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed.
- Administer leaves of absence according to company policy, and state and local laws, including FMLA and STD.
- Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications.
- Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related program of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties.
- Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail.
- Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Previous experience with a cloud-based HRIS, Oracle HCM preferred.
- Comfortable working in an office.
- Professional experience in television broadcasting a plus!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group