TEGNA is looking for a dynamic, business-minded HR Business Partner for a great opportunity supporting an innovative media company. You will support HR activities at our television stations in Denver, CO and Phoenix, AZ which includes employee relations, leadership development, performance management, and employee engagement.
The HRBP must be results-oriented and partnership focused, with an approach that is responsive to and aligned with business strategies. You will be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performance, diverse and inclusive workplace culture. You will be based in Denver, CO at our station, 9NEWS. The pay range for this position is $90,000-$105,000 annually.
- Partner with leadership teams on organization and culture change, transformation initiatives, succession planning, etc.
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Champion diversity; drive and lead efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Partner with the stations and TEGNA leadership to develop policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a high performing workforce and positive work culture.
- Work effectively with Human Resources, business colleagues and leadership team regarding recruitment, performance management, restructuring, coaching, training and special projects.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources colleagues on special projects and initiatives and best practice sharing.
- Coordinate station internship programs and early career recruiting through relationships with local schools
- Coordinate workers’ compensation, legal issues and compensation claims
- React productively to change, effectively work at an operational level with multiple stakeholders, and act quickly and confidently under pressure.
- Understand and adhere to local, state and federal laws regarding employment, wage and hour, OSHA and related laws.
- Provide excellent customer service in terms of responsiveness, time management and communication
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources or related degree. Master’s degree or HR certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR generalist/HRBP experience is required.
- A working knowledge of employment laws and best HR practices
- Proficient knowledge/ability with all Microsoft Office Applications and using social media applications in recruiting.
- Record of success advising managers on the full range of HR/people issues.
- Experience in managing organizational change.
- Demonstrate professional presentation and conflict resolution skills. Not afraid to have tough, yet constructive conversations with all employee levels
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish effective relationships, collaborate, lead and influence.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and deliver results for multiple stakeholders
- Strong ethical standards and integrity.
- Travel up to 20% in support of other TV stations in the region
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.