The Human Resources and Business Administrative Assistant will provide confidential clerical and administrative support for the Human Resources Business Manager and other departments as necessary while serving visitors to WDKY in Lexington, KY by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Notifies company personnel of visitor arrivals while maintaining security. Daily tasks could consist of handling a variety of personnel related administrative tasks and providing clerical support to the HRBM and employees regarding business and human resources related activities, policies, processes, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage our front desk and lobby, welcome visitors, answer phone calls and respond to emails in a friendly, timely and professional manner.
- Supervising incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. (USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc.)
- Serve as liaison for station with various station venders and support technicians.
- Clerical support for accounts receivable as needed including logging of incoming checks.
- Provides administrative support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and ordering supplies.
- Submits quarterly reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data weekly.
- Performs customer service functions by answering viewer and employee requests and questions.
- Assists with various projects such as community outreach and volunteer coordination.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents, and performs other clerical functions as required.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate files.
- Assists and/or prepares correspondence.
- Assists in preparing new employee files and onboarding packets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information
- Capability to interact with all levels of staff in a rapidly quickly changing environment while maintaining an approachable and appropriate demeanor
- Onboarding experience desired
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and willingness to learn and to take initiative on variety of tasks and projects
- Excellent written, verbal, and social communication skills required
- Detail oriented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Ideal candidate will have two years administrative assistant and/or receptionist experience. Experience in Human Resources profession is not required but would be beneficial.
- Communication, organization, and prioritization skills a must.
- Ability to create and edit accurate documents using proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Proficiency with MS Office specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of employees, officers, directors, and service providers.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks; asking follow-up questions when appropriate to seek further clarification.
- Ability to initiate other projects when time is available.
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic systems and/or media traffic experience a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree in an applicable field of study preferred. Relevant years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Ability to work early and/or extended hours, as needed – scheduling flexibility is a plus in broadcast media
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, and works indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar