WHAS11, the award-winning ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY (land of the slow pour and fast horses), is searching for an innovative leader to join the Great Day Live team. This Producer can write, create and produce exciting and interesting content for broadcast, online and social content. Producer must be able to work collaboratively with the Executive Producer, Host, Sales Department, and Clients before, during and after a show to create a fun, informative program. The ideal candidates are problem solvers, team players and detail oriented.
In this role, you will:
- Create unique segments that connect our community with local businesses and events.
- Write and edit stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Work closely with the executive producer and host to produce a visually compelling program.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Understand and speak to the core audience, viewers, & clients
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.