First Coast News is looking for a highly organized and results driven individual to join our programming team as a First Coast Living Account Manager. This position will work as an ambassador for First Coast Living and will be a liaison between the Sales, Content and Production departments. The First Coast Living Account Manager will own the client experience both pre-segment and post-segment, especially focusing on great client results and client retention. This person should know what makes great TV and what will spark viewers to engage with our content. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, motivated, confident, detail-oriented individual who is a natural multi-tasker that enjoys working in collaborative scenarios.
- Take the lead on all fulfillment as it relates to First Coast Living & Commercial Production
- Internal coordination with all who are involved in fulfillment & payments, including management of all internal forms & SharePoint related procedures
- Client interface (for creative, etc.)
- Produce powerful recaps for First Coast Living that the AE can use to continue the sales process and upsell
- Take ownership of fulfillment & aging in such a way that the AE can play their role of being client facing, creating opportunities, and closing revenue
- Work directly with the First Coast Living Producers to manage the booking process for First Coast Living, including operations, scheduling, production coordination & post-segment social posting.
- Attend First Coast Living planning meetings to review upcoming segments and identify revenue-generating opportunities like theme weeks & franchise sponsorships.
- Uncover upsell opportunities for First Coast Living sponsors.
- Extend client value beyond the First Coast Living Segment through use of social posting, writing of digital content and producing additional digital content relating to client segments.
- Help our Sales team prospect new sales leads across a variety of verticals.
- Utilize sales department CRM (Salesforce) to manage new sales opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum 2 years of television sales experience, preferably in advertising and media sales.
- General knowledge and understanding of the television industry and local market.
- Deep understanding of creative & content creation as it relates to production value & viewer engagement.
- Digital advertising (Display, SEM/PPC, SEO, Email, and Social Media) experience ideal.
- Exceptional phone and email communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work across departments effectively.
- Ability to interact with clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.