KGW-TV, a Tegna station in Portland, Oregon, is looking for a Full-time Facility Manager. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on maintenance of the building, and surrounding property including the transmitter location. The candidate should also have excellent customer service skills and be ready to assist all departments across the station and company.
- Knowledge of HVAC, lighting, electrical, and fire systems and required maintenance
- Management of facilities services such as landscaping, janitorial etc.
- Knowledge and ability to do basic repairs prior to calling for service.
- Responsible for managing overall maintenance requirements of the interior and exterior items of the station and transmitter facilities.
- Responsible for monitoring the facility and transmitter utility usage. Continually looking for ways to save costs.
- Must be able to maintain daily, weekly, monthly annual maintenance records for all systems.
- Responsible for negotiation of services and management of station facilities projects while maintain the facilities budget and looking for the most cost-efficient solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining the fire safety plan and facility emergency plan. Conduct annual safety drills and monthly safety reviews.
- Plan and implement facilities capital improvements.
- Implement and manage the visitor and contractor building access program.
- Update our disaster recovery item throughout the building.
- Oversee the building security program and security systems.
- Maintain parking lots and clear snow from sidewalks
- Strong communicator with internal and external customers and partners
- Maintain a good relationship with Tenants as to their needs as outlined in our agreements.
- Work with our vendors and maintain proper contracts and insurance information.
- Maintain all required State and local permits for the building and property and all ADA requirements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and understand signal flow drawings and create good documentation.
- Two years of facility management experience.
- College Degree preferred but not required.
- Pass a background check
- The position reports to the Head of Technology and Operations.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.