WGRZ-TV is looking for a Facilities Engineer to provide building maintenance and support for the NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY. This individual will be responsible for daily Facility Maintenance and assisting the technical teams with projects.
- Support day to day facility operations for our station.
- Provide maintenance for building and grounds. Systems include electrical, plumbing and HVAC infrastructure.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on facility issues and maintenance.
- Coordinate proper inspections and maintain compliance with city codes.
- Responsible for Engineering and Production vehicle maintenance.
- Provide support to Engineering Maintenance staff as needed.
- Create and maintain documentation, and system configurations.
- Must be willing to perform snow removal during winter months.
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (ability to clearly communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues).
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills, ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Must have a clean NYS drivers license and will be required to operate company vehicles and maintenance equipment (snow blowers, tractor, bobcat).
Budgeted Compensation Range: $45000
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.