Are you a producer who is ready to step into management? We are looking for a strong newscast producer who wants to take that next step, and manage people and content. The ideal candidate will be responsible for an entire Weekend Shift, make decisions of what to cover and how to cover it. You need only to be a strong producer.. we will teach you the rest, and guide you on your way to the top. During the week, your time will be spent back-up EP-ing and producing newscasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise news coverage and content on Saturday and Sunday, making sure assignment editors, reporters, photographers and producers are all operating at peak efficiency.
- Understand how to cover BREAKING NEWS, both on television and digitally.
- Appreciate strong weather coverage, and understand the importance of weather in a newscast.
- Must be a decision maker, making the call quickly on what direction the newsroom is headed.
- Possess the ability to supervise all weekend newsroom employees, know how to problem solve and understand when upper management needs to be called.
- Looking for a strong producer, not a rundown technician.. someone who loves to produce, and does it with a flair for solid stories and strong information.
- Must be able to stack a strong newscast, understand leads and ratings clicks and work well under strict deadlines.
- Must be a people person, able to get along with all types. Looking for an optimist, with a can do attitude.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices.
- Responsible for successful marketing projects and adherence to budget.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, TV/film or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast production.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to interact well with reporters, anchors, photographers, production and engineering staff and news managers.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgement, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Utilization of state-of-the-art television technology.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and can handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar