11Alive, TEGNA's NBC station in Atlanta, is looking for a motivated, experienced innovator who can help lead the evolution of our streaming news platforms into the next generation. Our EP of Streaming will help expand our innovative OTT experience to bring daily news content into our viewers’ homes. They’ll work with multiple departments to define a streaming vision and solidify a workflow for successful execution of the strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience in news and entertainment content on streaming platforms, with an ability to produce, write and edit. They have a knack for identifying opportunities to “produce up” daily news content, including extended interviews, weathercasts, and press conferences. They’ll also have a passion for streaming media and a desire to bring our rich content to our audience on OTT platforms.
This role will report to the Director of Digital Content.
- Define vision and execute programming strategy for station’s 24/7 OTT app to drive growth
- Program 24/7 OTT stream with live newscasts, breaking news, extended interviews, original content as well as archival material
- Organize and curate on-demand content on streaming app, with a keen eye for detail
- Be an archivist – scour the station’s decades-old archives for content gold
- Negotiate partnerships with local content creators
- Use analytics to inform content strategy and decisions
- Produce analytics reports for editorial meetings, KPI summaries
- Work with news and digital departments to make best use of existing content as well as produce new content
- Work alongside marketing department to promote OTT app to wider audience
- Learn and share best practices to multiple departments
- Facilitate and refine workflows for continual evolution of OTT experience
- Serve as OTT advocate throughout station to help foster an environment that champions original, digital-first content production
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in streaming or programming
- History of driving content creation with measurable track record of success
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and visuals; ability to effectively and succinctly communicate to all levels and departments
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities to successfully meet established timelines.
- Experience using analytics to shape strategy
- Working knowledge of online CMS software
- Experience with non-linear editing software
- Strong video and graphic productions skills
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Understanding and interest in digital/video metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of video and audio copyrights
- Solid journalistic judgment and ethics that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and the ability to deal with the rapid pace of news
- Ability to craft compelling headlines and descriptions
- Passion and vision for emerging media
- Some producing experience preferred; programming experience a plus
- Willingness to work odd hours, weekends and/or holidays
- Knowledge of trends in OTT
- Strong interest in local news
- Experience in marketing could be helpful
- Identify and correct potential problems before they are published/streamed
- Can work independently and cooperatively as part of various teams.
- Must be a self-starter/self-motivated with a desire and ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.