9NEWS in Denver is looking for someone to take our content about race and culture to the next level by leading our coverage of this critical topic. This role works with our entire team of journalists, including our Race and Culture journalist, to develop meaningful, creative content that elevates Colorado’s underrepresented, diverse communities. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling along with a desire to be at the forefront of equitable, inclusive content. This person is organized and able to make connections within our newsroom and between our newsroom and the community.
9NEWS produces accurate, relevant news content across platforms, empowering people to make informed decisions for themselves and their families. 9NEWS is a brave space for journalists to pursue their purpose, find and tell truths, listen and amplify Colorado's diverse voices, and filter out disinformation to create understanding, accountability, enlightenment, and empathy.
This job is a full time salaried position. The salary will vary between $70,000 and $90,000 depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Organize daily coverage of topics relating to race and culture that may appear on multiple platforms including:
- Broadcast newscasts
- Streaming platforms like Roku and Fire TV
- Social platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Identify a wide spectrum of experts to speak to issues relating to equity and inclusion across the many groups that make up our community.
- Work closely with journalists in our newsroom to develop contacts and organize their efforts to work with those contacts to develop stories and produce content for all platforms on most days.
- Work closely with other news managers to schedule content across our morning, dayside and nightside newscasts.
- Work closely with our station’s executive director of community engagement to develop and maintain community relationships.
- Four year degree in journalism, communications or similar preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in journalism as a producer or manager preferred.
- Language skills, especially Spanish, preferred.
- A personal commitment to the work of highlighting the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.