WBNS in Columbus, OH is looking for a motivated, innovative leader to oversee the creation and management of engaging, compelling content in our Special Projects unit as well as lead innovation efforts across all our platforms.
The Executive Producer of Special Projects and Innovation will be part of the newsroom leadership team and will work collaboratively with all dayparts as well as sales and marketing. This person will oversee newsroom projects such as podcasts, digital episodic content and other media as we look to meet our audience where they are and elevate our brand.
The ideal candidate will identify engaging content opportunities within the newsroom and understand where that content best aligns with emerging product goals and our brand.
This person needs to be a skilled communicator and understand how to manage multiple projects and team members, so management experience is a plus.
- High-level of organization to tackle multiple projects at once while also planning for future specials
- Ability to manage multiple schedules for team of creative producers and reporters/MSJs
- Oversee multiple media projects to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Supervise production of special content for all newscasts
- Manage multiple cross-platforms projects for emerging media such as podcasts, episodics and more
- Utilize analytics and data to track success and shape strategy
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling
- Be a newsroom leader and a bold voice in editorial discussions
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
- Perform other tasks as required by station leadership
- Exceptional news judgement
- Proven track record of skill and leadership
- Prior line producing experience
- Field reporting or producing experience and content generation background
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.