KPNX-TV, the TEGNA owned NBC affiliate in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a talented and driven Executive Producer for the popular daily lifestyle sales show, Arizona Midday. We are looking for a strong leader, focused on creating a positive client experience and building collaboration across the station. This role is responsible for overseeing and producing a daily talk show, which requires a dynamic, creative leader who is organized and thrives at delivering on tight deadlines. Solid visual and editorial skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, energetic, strategic thinker and a team player with a positive attitude. A strong awareness of current events, social media trends and skills with different platforms is essential. We are looking for a leader who will push innovation in the show creating even greater results for our clients.
- Manage the day to day responsibilities of the show and the team
- Principle liaison with Sales, Marketing and News for all communication and assignments
- Develop, book, produce unique and engaging daily segments for a lifestyle show
- Produce informative and creative segments that achieve positive results for clients
- Write, proof and review scripts, graphics and other show elements
- Creates daily social media posts and content for .com based on show materials
- Works with the Host / Producers and Sales Department on client segments
- Develops and fosters strong, collaborative relationships with clients
- Vet local business for sold segments and ensure proper business licensing
- Works as required on other locally produced programming and marketing materials
- Ability to build daily show rundown (preferable ENPS)
- Ability to line produce daily show
- Three (3) to five (5) years producing news or magazine format shows in mid to large markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- Manage, prioritize, and track multiple projects while still meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Solid organization and time management in a fast-paced environment.
- Independently identify, assess, and solve problems or improve processes
- Proficient editing and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, etc) a plus.
- Ability to shoot video and still photography a plus
- Must have ability to work flexible hours when needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.