Executive Producer of Digital Content
9NEWS, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Denver, is searching for an experienced, creative and motivated Executive Producer of Digital content to lead the editorial production of content across 9NEWS digital, mobile, streaming, social and audio platforms. This is a news management position on the Digital Desk team, which manages newsroom assignments and oversees the quality of 9NEWS digital content efforts across all platforms. As a news leader this individual will have a voice in editorial and leadership meetings.
In this role you are focused on the big picture of the day by coordinating multiplatform content plans for all content creators, including reporters, producers, multiskilled journalists and photojournalists. You use your strong editing skills to ensure accuracy, context, balance and style are upheld in all content. You also provide feedback and training to all content creators.
As Executive Producer of Digital Content you manage digital desk team assignments and multiplatform breaking news workflow. You also work with news leadership to ideate strategy and innovate engaging multiplatform, audience-first content to grow the 9NEWS audience and meet established key performance indicators.
- Work with news and marketing leadership to implement newsroom processes and strategies to achieve identified goals
- Work with Digital Director and Executive Producer of Digital Video to lead established digital content strategies to turn occasional consumers into loyal audiences
- Lead breaking news efforts across digital, mobile, streaming, social and audio platforms (strong breaking news skills)
- Manage all 9NEWS digital, mobile, social, audio and streaming products including oversight of content quality, SEO strategy, homepage layout, headline testing, push alert strategy, etc.
- Help lead editorial meetings and discussions to make decisions and digital assignments
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
- Work closely with the digital desk producers, show producers and news leadership to ensure everyone understands all assignments and content being produced for all platforms
- Edit content for accuracy and ethical journalism in accordance with 9NEWS and AP style guides
- Establish writing training and best practices for creating a digital experience that compliments video storytelling
- Guide multiskilled journalists, reporters, photojournalists and other content creators on production of their content for digital audiences
- Provide constructive feedback and continuous training on writing and presentation
- Implement search engine optimization, headline and user experience best practices
- Understand the workflow and expectations of the assignment desk
- Manage digital desk team’s workflow to ensure daily and breaking news needs are met along with original content and project assignments
- Actively further the development of 9NEWS.com en Español
- When needed, step in to write articles, clip videos, post on social media, send push alerts and all other reporting efforts required of digital desk producers.
- Collaborate with other TEGNA stations, NBC affiliates and other partners
- Uphold the 9NEWS brand in all you do, from interacting with colleagues to producing content
- Strong understanding of the tenants of professional journalism to make editorial decisions
- 5 – 8 years of experience in digital content production in fast-paced news environments
- Strong AP writing and editing skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Experience with content management systems
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit
- Basic image and video editing skills
- Strong understanding of digital and social media analytics and metrics
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Flexibility to fill in on weekend and holiday shifts and to be on a manager on-call rotation
Pay range: $65,000 – $80,000 per year. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
We offer comprehensive health and wellness coverage that ensures our employees have the care and coverage they need to stay healthy, build current and future financial security and maintain work-life balance. All full- and part-time employees (who work 20 or more hours per week) and their dependents are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits, which include:
- Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Teladoc Telemedicine
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
More information is available at tegna.com/benefits.
Tegna is proud to offer comprehensive benefits like Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Vision, Dental, Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account, Teladoc, Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays, 401-k with employer match (immediate vesting), Short and Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance (Aflac), Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Paid Parent Leave, Paid Adoption Assistance, Paid Volunteer Program, Paid Bereavement Days, Employee Assistance Program & Mental Health Therapy benefits
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.