The Executive Producer for KTUL's lifestyle program "Good Day Tulsa" will oversee the content and perform on-air talent duties for various segments within the Broadcast.
GOOD DAY TULSA EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/ON-AIR TALENT
“Good Day Tulsa” is a live talk show that combines paid segments along with entertainment, community, and lifestyle segments. The live show airs Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 am every week. The ideal Executive Producer/On-Air Talent will produce and conduct live and recorded paid and non-paid interviews, segments, and packages, go live in the field, participate in product demonstrations, produce segments in the studio and in the field.
As Executive Producer of the program, he/she will be team leader and administer objectives set forth by upper management. As Field Producer, he/she will create, organize, write, and develop concepts relative to assigned productions scheduled for broadcast. He/she will oversee development of each broadcast, collect input, make recommendations for improvements updates assigned crew on any changes and performs follow-ups without supervision.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Maintains compliance with Station policies and Federal regulations.
- Will be team leader in planning and critiquing daily broadcasts or other assigned projects.
- Able to shoot, write, and edit paid and non-paid content.
- Able to conduct interviews and deliver stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists with daily show preparations and content generation.
- Develop and produce concepts for assigned live and recorded productions.
- Propose and order graphic elements for paid/non-paid segments.
- Collaborate with sales executives regarding prospective revenue generating segments.
- Call and schedule sales clients for in studio or remote interviews.
- Must interact/cooperate well with clients, peers, interdepartmental service representatives and supervisors in achieving goals/objectives.
- Prepare and abide by budgetary allocations and completes documentation associated with tasks.
- Interacts with viewers on social media.
- All other duties as directed by management.
Additionally, this person should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of on-air talent experience on a Lifestyle Show or equivalent preferred.
- Experience shooting video, writing, and editing long and short form packages, vignettes, Facebook lives, and other on air or digital assignments as needed
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Must work professionally and collaboratively and help promote a team environment with co-workers
- Professional interaction and collaboration with clients and guests required
- The ability to carry out sales segments as assigned
- Sharp judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- Experience with live remote production a plus
- Must have and maintain or be able to obtain an Oklahoma driver's license and have a good driving record
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, and other office equipment
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work various hours including weekends and holidays as needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group