WIVB/WNLO in Buffalo, NY is searching for a hands-on, passionate journalist for the position of Executive Producer. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who excelled as a writer, showcaser, and clear communicator in the control room. The candidate must also be willing and able to coach and mentor our producing staff.
Job requirements include daily editorial supervision of our newscasts. We are looking for a creative leader who can teach and execute the importance of showcasing and tight, concise writing. The successful candidate will work closely with reporters on daily story development and script approval; with newscast producers on story selection, showcasing, meter management and tease writing; and with the assignment desk to help dispatch crews efficiently and aggressively. The successful candidate also will be required to line produce as needed, help manage producer staff schedules, give regular feedback to members of the news team, and work with other news managers to constantly refine and improve the entire newsroom operation.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, TV/film or the equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production
- Must be able to interact well with anchors, producers, reporters/MMJs, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Must be willing to work any shift, including overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays, and be on-call as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar