KCEN, the TEGNA-owned, NBC affiliate covering the Waco, Temple, Killeen market has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer. The Executive Producer will work collaboratively with other leaders and teach employees how to create unique, shareable content that evokes emotion on all platforms. Applicants must have major, breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms. Our ideal candidate can identify engaging content, teach others how to do so and develop a roadmap on how to meet the goals of our company.
- Mentor and coach MSJs and producers on current assignments and career development
- Work closely with News Director, Assistant News Director and Digital Director on daily and future assignments
- Line produce morning show when needed
- Use digital and TV data to help guide content decisions
- Enterprise new stories
- Daily rundown, script and graphics/supers approval for morning show
- Be active voice in ethical decision-making conversations
- Write TV scripts and digital stories as needed
- Help leadership team plan and execute special coverage
- Evaluate and recruit potential team members
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including holidays, mornings, evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Strong communicator
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work holidays, mornings, nights and weekends
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.