WGRZ, 2 On Your Side, the TEGNA owned affiliate in Buffalo, NY is seeking an innovative newsroom leader to lead our market-leading morning team. The Executive Producer will work with a team of anchors, reporters, producers, photojournalists, and digital producers to create unique content, win breaking news, and be a brand champion. If you enjoy creating impactful content, making a difference in your community, and working with a team of talented journalists, this is the place for you.
- Oversee daily producing and writing of WGRZ’s morning news program, Daybreak
- Help produce and write newscasts as needed
- Encourage and highlight stories that fit the 2 On Your Side brand
- Lead Daybreak editorial planning meetings
- Lead Daybreak sweeps planning
- Maintain a Daybreak calendar of promotable stories
- Collaborate with other departments on One Content Team projects
- Work collaboratively with other managers and complete assignments as needed by News Director and Digital Director
- Rotate as weekend on-call manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing and communication skills, solid news judgment, and experience making decisions
- Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events and community issues
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and graphics creation a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under deadlines and pressure
- BA/BS in journalism, communication, or a related field a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.